Saturday, September 25, 2010

An answer to a wardrobe dilemma

Although I don't mention it here very often, I am mid-way through my weight-loss journey. I have lost a little over a dress size since Christmas 09, and intend to lose one more over the (Southern) summer. While I am thrilled with my results thus far, I have shrunk faster than my sewing, or my wallet, can keep up with, which has left me with lots of lovely clothes that fit poorly, and a limited number that make me feel good in them. Nor do I want to spend a lot of time and money on garments that I plan to shrink out of within 6 - 12 months.This left me with a wardrobe dilemma. I do frequent my local Op Shops semi-regularly, but the sizes and styles available can be limited.

And then I stumbled upon a solution -

National Clothes Swap day!

The details of the Melbourne event are below. For other locations, check out the Clothing Exchange page: http://www.clothingexchange.com.au/Clothing_Exchange/Events.html

The Clothing Exchange’

A swapping event for the ladies
Admission $25
Check-in 6.30pm
Monday 25th October
BMW Edge, Federation Square
Melbourne
Partners Ethical Clothing Australia, Fitted for work and Frankie Magazine


No comments: