Monday, October 11, 2010

The Janeway Project – that hair

Over the course of the 7 seasons of Voyager, Janeway sport 3 distincy “everyday” hairstyles (there are others for specific scenarios, but as I am doing her day to day look, I will gloss over those for now). They are:


Victory rolls
 

The chignon













The bob

Since I am not prepared at this stage to cut my hair into a Janeway bob, that leaves chignon or victory rolls. Knowing that I like to have my hair off my neck when it gets warm, and knowing it is likely to get warm in the convention centre, this year I am opting for the chignon.

Luckily, I have very 1940’s hair, with a great deal of body and wave. I have been experimenting and practicing, and I am quietly confident that I will be able to pull off a convincing Janeway chignon – watch this space.

No comments: